Velos / Research Electronic Data Capture (REDCap)
Velos is a web-based clinical research management application that is designed specifically for investigators and their research teams. Velos supports processes for patient recruitment, patient scheduling, budgeting, invoicing, and milestone management, data safety monitoring, adverse event reporting, system integration, data collection and study execution. All study-related information is centralized and can be accessed from anywhere. Password-protected, the account is accessible only to authorized personnel.
The Clinical Research Participant Enrollment and Tracking (PDF) policy governs enrollment into Velos. All human participants (inpatient and outpatient) enrolled in clinical research protocols conducted at the University of Miami Miller School of Medicine (including any University of Miami facility, all affiliated and satellite locations as well as at any Jackson Health Systems (JHS) facility) must be registered in the Velos clinical trial management system, if the clinical research protocol meets any of the following criteria:
- The clinical research protocol involves testing a drug, device or biologic
- The clinical research protocol involves a pharmacovigilance study
- The clinical research protocol involves conducting procedures, lab tests and/or medical interventions on a research subject billed through a commercial laboratory
Access Velos eResearch
Please note that you must complete a Velos eResearch Access Request (PDF)
to log into this application.
- For technical support with Velos, email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Training in Velos/Policy is available via ULearn
- Application management handled by Research IT
Research Electronic Data Capture (REDCap)
REDCap is an application that allows users to build and manage online surveys and databases quickly and securely. Research Information Technology (Research IT) has a REDCap installation that is available for use at no cost to all University of Miami employees. All REDCap data is securely hosted by the University of Miami’s IT Department.
Research IT administers project creation, user account management, and movement of projects from development to production. Authentication is performed via CaneID Authentication Service (CAS), the same institution-wide system used for a variety of applications such as myUM.
For access to the application and more details, please visit:
- Research Electronic Data Capture (REDCap)