- Veterinary Resources – The animal research program at the University of Miami encompasses four of the five UM campuses: Medical, Coral Gables, South Campus, and Marine & Atmospheric Science. The Division of Veterinary Resources (DVR) is the unit responsible for oversight and implementation of the animal care and use program. The mission of the DVR is to advance knowledge and improve the health and well-being of humans and animals through excellent service and support, research and teaching.
- Miami Clinical and Translational Science Institute (CTSI) – The Miami CTSI educates, connects, and supports research teams by building the distinct science of clinical translational research, fostering collaboration, and managing the resources needed to sustain success in these areas.
- Research Reporting System (RRS) – These new tools allow the tracking of a study team member’s compliance status, the compliance status of a specific project, and more.
- UResearch – Facilitating scholarly activity, scientific discovery, and the responsible conduct of research, the Office of the Vice Provost for Research at the University of Miami provides an integrated network of administrative support and educational opportunities.
- Clinical Trials – This tool uses information managed and entered by investigators, study staff, or other authorized parties into University of Miami protocol and clinical trials management systems as well as clinicaltrials.gov.
- Institutional Review Boards (IRB) – The function of the IRBs is to ensure adherence to all federal, state, local, and institutional regulations concerning the protection of human subjects in research. All human research conducted by UM faculty, staff, and students or employees of JHS must receive IRB review and approval prior to commencement.
- Velos – Assess the effectiveness of the policy on Clinical Trial Participant Enrollment and Tracking (PDF).
- USpace – The University’s web based system that enables its users to track and maintain their departmental spaces and the faculty and staff that occupy them.
- Environmental Health – Provide support and training in an effort to avoid occupational, biological, and chemical hazards.
- Physical Plant – Oversees all routine and preventive maintenance work for 31 buildings and approximately 3 million square feet. Our mission is to anticipate and provide the physical environment, which enables University of Miami Miller School to achieve its objectives in instruction, research and public service.
- Radiation Control – The Division of Radiation Control ensures that the University of Miami and the Public Health Trust are in compliance with all regulations regarding the use of radioactive materials and radiation producing devices.
Grants and Contracts
UM Support Applications
- Technology Transfer – (a/k/a Intellectual Property Strategy and Licensing) Assisting University of Miami investigators in taking their unique research discoveries from the laboratory to the market, by protecting University-generated innovations, commercializing innovations through academic-industry partnerships, negotiating licensing, confidentiallity and material transfer agreements, and launching start-up ventures.
- Ariba – Ariba Procurement and Expense solutions locate and request the goods and services – anytime and anyplace. Intelligent routing and approval enables purchase collaboration and ensures compliance with approved suppliers, pricing, and buying rules.
- NIH RePORTER: The repository of NIH funded research projects
- eRA Commons: An online interface where principal investigators, trainees and post-docs can access and share administrative information relating to research grants.
- Federal RePORTER: The repository of all federally funded research projects
- PubMed: Citations for biomedical literature from MEDLINE, life science journals, and online books
- ClinicalTrials.gov: a registry and results database of publicly and privately supported clinical studies of human participants conducted around the world