Pre & Post Award
Research Development & Support (RDS)
RDS is a shared services unit, which provides support on sponsored projects to assigned Departments and Faculty at the Miller School of Medicine. RDS is based in the Office of the Executive Dean for Research (EDR).
RDS provides full Research Administrative Services to Medical School Departments upon agreement, working collaboratively with Departmental Staff, Faculty and ORA.
What We Do: RDS provides support for both pre-award development and post-award administration for assigned work units in the Miller School. Our team provides support on complex proposal submissions to Departments upon request and review for such awards as: Federal Program (P) Awards, Center (U) Grants, Training (T) Grants and Multi-PI and Multi-Site initiatives.
Areas of Support Include:
- Grantsmanship Support and Advice
URESEARCH OVPR Office
- Proposal Development, review, and support before submission to ORA
ORA Proposal Submission Procedures
- Collection and Submission of departmental signoffs for ORA forms
- Post-Award monitoring of sponsored projects
ORA Post-Award Policies
- Compliance monitoring and review of sponsored awards
- Financial projections, monitoring and review of assigned projects
Managing an Award
- Post-Award Close out review prior to submission to ORA
ORA Closeout Procedures
- EDR Internal Awards Program