- October 31, 2018: Early Abstract Submission Deadline
- November 30, 2018: Regular Abstract Submission Deadline
You must follow the steps described below. Your application will not be considered complete until all of the necessary materials are received. All emails should be sent to Isabel Perez.
- Fill out the online application form.
- Submit your abstract(s) in a MS Word Document along with the Letter of Endorsement signed by your mentor to Isabel Perez. The Letter of Endorsement Form must be signed by your research mentor or faculty advisor stating that the student submitting the abstract was responsible for the major portion of the work.
- The abstract must conform to the following specifications (sample below). The entire abstract should be no longer than 450 words including the title.
- Use “Times New Roman” font, point size 10 for normal text.
- All words in the title should be in bold capital letters except abbreviations such as Ca2+ and CsA.
- All abbreviations designated by code or initial letters in the title must be identified in the body of the abstract.
- The presenting Author’s Name (i.e. your name) should be underlined.
- Include the department and school or institution along with city, state and ZIP code after the authors’ names.
- The abstract should consist of one, single-spaced solitary paragraph.
- The abstract should contain an Introduction/Aim and a summary of Methodology, Results, and Conclusions/Discussion. (View Abstract Rubric )
- Your abstract will be reviewed by the ESRF Executive Committee and, if deemed acceptable, you will be notified of the decision.
- Upon acceptance to the Forum, we will respond by email with the letter of acceptance and hotel accommodation form.
- Your abstract must be received by December 1, 2018 to be considered for acceptance.
Abstract Text Instructions
The abstract should be single-spaced and submitted as an MS Word document. This will be a brief statement of what was done in your research, along with your principal results and conclusions. Only the most important facts should be related here, in non-indented paragraph form. Please take special care to follow the format in the following abstract sample. In particular, the abstract should contain no figures or tables. There is no limit on the number of authors, but the first author must be the presenter. The abstract itself should be no longer than 450 words. Depicted below is a sample abstract in the actual format to be used for all submissions:
THE ROLE OF THE INTERLEUKIN2 RECEPTOR γc CHAIN IN THE PERIPHERAL IMMUNE RESPONSE. Jocelyn A. Hamilton and Thomas R. Malek. Department of Microbiology and Immunology, University of Miami School of Medicine, Miami, FL 33101.